Slideshow

>

27.4.11

Weekend ride

Whiff...
this weekend was quite eventful and filled with good rides. I'm still testing the new Held gear in every condition so I decided to visit the sea and my V-Strom forum buddy JZ who lent me his uncatalytic exhaust for the trip.

This time I was with my copilot/girlfriend Monika, who was filming the most interesting parts of the ride. But as it always goes with girls, her overpreparing and applying makeup made our start late about 1 hour :D
So, to make a long trip to coastal city Rijeka where we were headed, short, we took the highway.
After about 100 kms, the tire blew at 130 km/h! No tire spray could save it as the hole was gigantic. I took out my orange hazard vest and headed slowly to the nearest tire shop (in a small village 20 kms from the puncture site). The guy was a biker and quickly we were rolling once more to the city of Rijeka. Ariving and being late for 2,5 hours, hehe.
The rest of the ride was just great, with the Rijeka V-Strom crew. To cut my blabber short, I present you this wonderful film made entirely by Monika:


Oh yes, Held Carese&Torno pants and jacket performed great. I just noticed that it's not really an 4 season combination as expected, because there is no thermal liner. Below 15°C I'd have to wear a long sleeve shirt or a windstopper. But I guess in Iran I won't have problems like that :D Can't wait to try it out at +35°C

This week on schedule:
mounting Josips sidecases.

'till soon, take care & ride safe!

p.s. I crashed my helmet, the vent openings are broken and GPS device is broken too. Not to mention the flat tire. Quite much for 2 days of weekend in peaceful and quiet Croatia.

No comments:

Post a Comment